Saturday, February 11, 2012

Not Exactly MacKenzie Phillips...

My name is Brookford.  It's actually Brooke Ford; however, in an attempt to distinguish myself, I thought it would be best to put myself on the same level as Brookford, North Carolina.  I have never been there- I had to Google it- and I am sure it's an amazing place.

You can call me Brooklyn Starr.


Before you put forth the time and effort to actually subscribe to my blog and read my future stories, I feel obligated to give you a little insight of what you're in for.  I mean, have you ever checked out a book at the library without its jacket?  No?  Well, that ruins my whole point.

I've probably lived a life of less rebellion than the gal who played the robot in Small Wonder.  I was, however, the robot from Small Wonder in second grade.

I do not have such an inspirational and heartfelt story of surviving a night of drug and alcoholic driven debacle involving waking up in an alley with puke in my hair.  I do promise to one day tell the story of when I first got drunk at the VERY young age of 25 on New Year Eve in an art gallery.  It's not exactly parallel to the biography of MacKenzie Phillips, but, I mean, thank God!

And so, my friends, this is a collection of my attempts of rebellion, my obsession with James Dean, and everything in between as I've gone through this awkward journey of life.  Along the way, I have managed to keep my faith in God, stay a brunette (experimenting with different shades), and somehow land myself a handsome husband- that looks like James Dean.  






1 comment:

  1. I love it, Brookey! I can't wait to read more. And while you may have gotten drunk for the first time at the incredibly young age of 25, you also made it extremely memorable by telling jokes to an angry cop :)

    ReplyDelete